Mittwoch, 5. August 2009

DI RAID!!!!!

So last weekend my good buddy Heather was volunteering at DI. She knew was looking for an armchair for my apartment and so I was awoken at the crack of noon with a text message telling me to come check out the good ol' Deseret Industries. Well I didn't find any furniture that wasn't stained, or older than Fred Flintstone(just about as soft too), but I did find some sweet deals....

A reprinted copy of the 1841 edition of Charles Dickens' "Oliver Twist"- $2


A 70's blue TRIPOD $5


A second camera body - The exact same as my Canon EOS 750...it's old, but a trustworthy model. Now I can run both my lens without having to switch bodies. A great thing when you're on the side of a mountain. $10


And the greatest thing for any college student techie. A Projector. Just a few days earlier Myka(roommate) and I were scanning the internet for projectors to turn our sweet bachelor pad into an awesome Home Video Center. The bulb is broken, but Myka is currently fixing that. $35

I love DI...Half my furniture came from there, and I doubt that I've even topped $100 in this whole year. GO ECONOMIC RECESSION!!!!

6 Kommentare:

Tessha hat gesagt…

Yeah for bargains.

Unknown hat gesagt…

Sweet bargains. James would be impressed.

Sandy hat gesagt…

I'm jealous about the projector. But I'm proud of your shopping skills.

Will Thomas hat gesagt…

One man's trash is another man's treasure! Nice finds!

Dan Thomas hat gesagt…

You know how to get good things. I espeially liked the Dickens Book.

Unknown hat gesagt…

DI is the place to be. I once ran into Tessha's old prom dress at a DI. I almost bought it just so I could wear it myself. SEriously all our furniture/clothes is pretty much from the DI too. Now you gotta come check out the American Fork one because it is AWESOME!