Samstag, 28. März 2009

Knocked out of the saddle

Don't worry...I'm still employed at Scott's but today I went for a really sweet ride today. Well at least it started out that way. John, Myka, and I (notice the proper grammar Mom) headed out in a chilly morning with good wind. The plus....the ground was still melted. The riding was pretty good, but as the day warmed up all the that frozen spring run off began to turn into a wonderfully soupy mess. We even had Myka on camera so we were having a blast filming all of our stupid antics. I recently did some work on my new bike so she was also riding like a dream.

Down near the bottom of the trail some fellow riders had built this really sweet kicker. It had a 12 foot space into the landing area, but it was forgiving enough that you didn't have to go big. e

On the last run, of the day John and I were sessioning the jump, and every time I was going bigger and bigger. It felt really good. On the last run through John and I decided to create a train, which is to follow each other really close creating a sweet riding feeling. I was about to go first, but decided last minute to let him go first.

Gears were shifted, brake levers checked, and with the creak of muddy rear suspension, we pushed off. John hit the jump with flying colors, and me coming in close behind was ready to go farther than ever before, and that I did. Until my foot slipped off the pedal, got sucked under the bike, and a very painful pop later I was on my bikeside holding my knee, and trying not to vomit.

Thoughts spiraled from oh crap, hope I don't rack myself, ouch, there goes my knee, ouche, will I ever ride again(a little overdramatic I know, but hey..I was panicing), then it reverted back to ouch, did I break my leg, I hope I can still make it to work on monday,ouch, at least the ground is soft, did I tear my ACL, of crap it hurts, maybe I won't go to school, maybe it's just dislocated.

By about that point everything was just OUCH. John helped me get off the hill, and I think everything is in order. I'll probably be doped up on tylenol for the next couple of days, and my bean bags have taken on the form of my butt.

I don't have any pictures yet, but once everything gets nice and swollen I'll be sure to post them.
:D peace out, and don't worry...I'm doing quite well.

Keine Kommentare: