Donnerstag, 17. November 2011

JANUARY

Hey hey hey...

So I took a peak at my syllabii earlier this week and low and behold I saw the light at the end of the tunnel. That's right.. only 6 more Shorts Stories, 4 More Poems,3 more translation, 1 more Play, and 1 more Novel to go until I'm officially into Christmas Break. Bring on the Leberkuchen, and Kinderpunsch.

It makes me all sorts of excited. :) The sunning is setting at 4pm, and the lights of the Weihnactsmarkte are making up for it with enough cozy twinkling to give even the jolliest elf nausea :P

Ok.. it's not that bad, but German sure know how to celebrate Christmas. I mean. Honestly.. It puts us Americans to shame. As far as Christmas goes in America we got three days of good ol' celebration/fighting. AKA Black Friday, Christmas Eve, and Christmas (You can throw in New Years if you want.. still won't make a difference.), but In Germany we got The 4 Advents, St Nicolas Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas, and Second Christmas. (I'm leaving out Mary's Conception Day, and Ephinany because while cool they're not too celebrated.), and that gives us a total of 8 DAYS of celebration. Not even the Jews got it so good.

Anyway, you can probably tell that I'm excited, but who wouldn't be. What's even more exciting is that not only do German's take Christmas seriously. They also don't mess around when it comes to Christmas Break.

Starting sometime within the first two weeks of Christmas, until Mid February, I am going to have more free time, (and thanks to budgeting and school grants :) ) and money than I can shake a stick at.

What am I to do? So far I've got three ideas, on which I can't decide, and so.. I'm leaving it up to you. My loving masses (12 people can count as a mass right? 33 if you count Nieces, Nephews, and In-Laws) to help me decide. To your right there is a poll wherein I have set the parameters for my possible January Adventures.

If further explanation is needed here are my options in detail.

1) Cycling Italy
Pretty straight forward really. Get a bike, catch a train, and go far enough South to find the sun. I'm thinking somewhere between Rome and Sicily. The plan here would be to spend 2-3 weeks, more or less riding where ever I felt like. Most towns have a Hostel and so every day I can pick a destination and ride there. Take in the sights, Catch some Rays, Get lost in Translation again. All in the life of a Cyclist.

2) Ski Bum Around Austria/Switzerland
More or less the same thing as Italy, but instead of going for sun, I'm going for snow. Places like Innsbruck, and St. Anton are Skiing Meccas for the european scene, and once again.. Hostels are cheap and warm, and ski rental prices are pretty reasonable. With nothing but a bag full of gear, and a lunchbox full of trailmix, bratwurst, and gouda, this trip could be a once in a lifetime homeless experience ;)

3) No place like home
This option I came across whilst looking for plane fair to England, but right now flights back home to Idaho are SUPER cheap. And Mom's homecooking always does a body good. Just an idea.

So go to the polls, and click your dot. Lets see where you would go if you were me.

3 Kommentare:

Unknown hat gesagt…

for selfish reasons i vote for idaho, but James says Italy.

James and Elizabeth hat gesagt…

You should add a link this post to your facebook so all your friends can vote too.

Sandy hat gesagt…

I vote for Idaho but that's because I'm Mom! I'm sure your brothers are saying "go skiing" and James has already said "go cycling". I honestly don't think you can lose on this one. Any of them would be a dream come true. Well, at least the first two....