Mittwoch, 1. Februar 2012

Germany!!

HALLO!!!! (FYI: That's German for Hello)
Well I've been pretty busy lately so the whole "blogging" thing hasn't been all that high on the priority list. Besides, I doubt you were all dying to hear about my 22 page essay on The Christian Allegorical aspects of "The Pit and the Pendulum" anyway. But January is over, I've emerged from the library and have been playing catch-up with all the fun things I've been wanting to do. I've also finally gone digital :) Yeah.. I got my first digital camera, and I feel like sort of artsy fartsy type of guy whenever I pull it out of me bag. But don't worry. I'm not a photographer. Just another dude with an expensive camera and access to internet tutorials :) Well. Since I don't have to tell you everything let me just show it to you.

Home Sweet Home. All 45 sq. feet of it. On the left is my closet, on the right is my entertainment center(aka bookshelf), and that brown thing in the foreground is the book I used to prop up my camera on my desk.

No chairs in the place. Better go furniture shopping. This one looks nice.

Ok, maybe not.
This chair is actually an optical illusion set up in the train station, and I thought it looked worth sharing.

I was actually on my way through the Heidelberg train station because I wanted to try and get some night shots of the city. There's an old foot bridge a little ways away from the church building that I've crossed before, and I figured it'd be my first spot to poach.
Unfortunately the night was a little foggy and I couldn't get the castle into focus like I wanted to. So I pulled out for a broader landscape shot and was pretty pleased with this.

I still wasn't really getting what I was wanting though, so I figured I'd look around and see what else I could find. All it took was a 180 degree turn and I got this.
It's nothing more than a few apartment buildings but I really like it.
Also for those of you who didn't know I had some extra money when my University got rid of tuition for next semester. I made a quick jump across the pond to visit some family and friends. This one is from the red-eye.
I also played around with looking like a Rabbi for a few months. I didn't mind but when I finally shaved the Relief Society practically threw me a jubilee.

A little taste of Mannheim rooftops.

And this here is my favorite. Minus the fact that it's tilted a few degrees to the right(no tripod) I figured it wasn't a bad job for the first real photo I took with my new camera. For those of you who don't know this is the Mannheim Water Tower. In the summer that little plaza will become a fountain. I'll have to try again then as well I guess.

It's not much but it's a start. I've got lots of pictures to share, and I plan on using my bike [Thanks ALI :)] to track down all the castles in the surrounding hillsides. I know of 5 so far, but I tend to use that as my photography practice and will probably be posting on them later. Hope everything is going well for you all.

3 Kommentare:

Dalynn hat gesagt…

Fun to hear from you. SO jealous about the camera! Keep shooting.

Sandy hat gesagt…

I'm with Dalynn. Keep shooting. I enjoy your photos almost as much as your stories.

James and Elizabeth hat gesagt…

Great pictures. SO glad you have a digital camera. Your pictures are always amazing. I've been to that water tower.