Sonntag, 5. Februar 2012

Sunday Dinner

The Broos. For those of you who've endured me whenever I got that glazed look in my eye and the irrepressible urge to daydream of Germany, you most likely have heard of this family. Truth be told not many people haven't heard of this family. And not just from me. Open and friendly The Broos seem to have a soft spot of skinny lads in suits, and if you look especially hungry or just too thin for their liking, odds are you'll be invited to dinner very soon. Every other Sunday at 18:00 to be exact, and it doesn't pay to be late.
I don't know if it's because I was once a missionary here, or if it's because I tend to resemble a scarecrow more days than not, but ever since my return to Germany I've spent my Sunday evenings eating, laughing, crying (the laughing gets that good), and just having an all round good time with these guys. With seven of us there are generally about eight conversations going on simultaneously and if you're quick with your tongue and are capable of using your hands to tell a story it all turns out well.
This shot is stitched together from three photos to give you what I get to see every week. From left to right we have Elder Krieger (He met his girlfriend at BYU-ID on World of Warcraft, She lived across the street), Elder Larsen (The only person with a nametag whose name no one can remember), Bishop Jurgen Broo (The only Bishop I've ever met who you'll find giggling to himself halfway through sacrament), Deije Broo ( I couldn't spell her name to save my life, but if you ever need someone to round up "volunteers" for choir she's your gal), Carolin (Caro) Broo (Don't let that sweet face fool you, it doesn't end well.. I'm serious.. If you don't believe me ask her about the Bunny that got in her way.), and last but certainly not least. Oma Broo (Rumor has it her kitchen is framed and hanging somewhere in the MTC.)
Anyway, if I look fatter when I get back here's your culprit.

PS. Click the image to see the full-sized version

3 Kommentare:

Sandy hat gesagt…

Eating is important but eating with good company is a blessing. Your mom is glad you have both! Please tell them I say thank you.

James and Elizabeth hat gesagt…

It's good to hear your eating at least once a week. And someone out there is listening to you. I love the picture. I can't even tell it's stitched together.

Dan Thomas hat gesagt…

Eat your vegies also.